A day in the life and home of a child in an informal settlement

My name is Abigail I am 11 years old and I live in Dunoon.
A few days ago I was dozing in my bed with my homework on the floor, because where else should it go? It started to drizzle it made a loud noise and woke me up. I would really love for my family to have a nice roof that doesn’t make a noise when it rains. I look down and my homework was all soggy and damp!

The next morning I had to wake up early to get dressed and walk a very far length to go to school. So I would love my parents to have a car so I don’t have to wake up early and walk a far distance to go to school. After school I had to walk a far distance to go home and it was dark the time I got home. I had to go and find a street light and do my homework under it in the cold. My life would be easier if I had electricity so I would not have to go scavenge around for a street light.

The following weekend that week I needed the bathroom at night. I went to the bathroom and then someone paraded pass and saw me, I was so embarrassed. I would like if we had bathrooms in our house. So I don’t have to walk and get cold. I would also enjoy if the bathrooms had doors so people can’t see me. My life isn’t the best but I like I don’t love it I like it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Singing Inspector

The Butterfly Lion